Thursday, January 6, 2011

Where I Never Planned To Be

Study abroad was never something that I planned to do. Whenever someone would give a speech about how great study abroad is I would just tune them out. It wasn’t something I was interested in and never planned to even bother looking into. I had enough trouble going to a different state for school, I had no need to go to a different country. Somehow though, my plans have once again changed. By chance I got a flyer offering the opportunity to a study at a school where I would like to earn my masters in the subject in which I plan to achieve a doctorate, and it was something that I simply could not pass up. I don’t know if what I expected to happen, but here I am the night before my flight kicking myself for what I’ve decided to try…again. I’m sure I will be fine once I get there, since I am never a fan of traveling, but being the homebody I am leaving is always hard. I am super excited about studying at Oxford, and I want to be there now. I’m just not sure how long I want to be there, cause I know I’m going to miss being at home and EC. Oh well, what’s done is done. Hopefully I’ll be lucky and not have any travel troubles and will soon be in Oxford, seeing the school and meeting new people. Well the games afoot, follow your spirit, and upon this charge cry God for Harry, England and St. George. (Should probably see where this quote is from besides the new Sherlock Holmes movie).

1 comment:

  1. Thought I published this on Tuesday, must have just saved it instead.

    ReplyDelete