Saturday, January 15, 2011

Learning Experience

I should be working on a paper, but this is much easier to write. Didn't do much of interest yesterday, ended up devoting most of my time to studying. Did go for a walk though, something I really enjoy doing and helps calm my mind. Only thing that would have made it better was if my puppy was with me, though I'm not sure how he would behave in such a close, compact city. Walked along the old wall and around the Bodleian, which was surprising quiet and a nice change of pace. I've decided I need to buy an Oxford map so I can mark down areas that are interesting and shops I want to check out, especially the multitude of bookstores.

Did go out to the St. Peter's pub with a few people yesterday, which was pretty fun. Also learned a few people's alcohol limits, as well as some personal background and opinions. Everyone here is fine with the fact that I don't drink, much more so than some people back home. Place was pretty small, and as the night went on it got pretty packed.

Around 10ish I think we left, I came back to St. Michael's while the rest of the group headed off to a club. Had planned to get a little work done, but instead went to the common room and wound up watching movies with people. Blatantly clear already, with only 3 guys in the building the girls are going to dominate the TV, so what we were watching was mostly chick flicks. Still entertaining though. Between movies some people went out for late night junk food, which I chose to forgo in an effort to both save money and eat healthier while here. Sat around and talked with some girls while we waited for everyone to get back. After the 2nd movie it was 2AM, at which point most of us were already falling asleep. Got back to my room and just crawled into bed, but with brunch at 12:30 today (which is the same time as lunch, so I don't see why they even bother calling it brunch) I got to sleep in, which is the first time that's happened since I got here, so I guess it was a decent trade off. And now I should go back to work, since we're planning to go see Harry Potter in like an hour.

1 comment:

  1. Aother addendum, I may have sliiiightly exaggerated how much I've tried and experimented with, but still, nobody gave me a hard time.

    ReplyDelete