Friday, February 4, 2011

I need to stop going to the common room late at night, like 10pm or after. It usually leads to me being up after midnight. It's all fun and great till I have to get up the next morning for breakfast, which I refuse to skip. For instance, Wednesday I was up till 2am finishing a paper, and decided to stop at the common room on the way to my room for like, 5 min. Wound being in there for over 45 min, so I didn't get to bed till sometime after 3. Was not my intention.

Anyway, other than that I haven't been doing much. Went to the Duke Humfrey library on Tuesday and Wednesday, it really is a gorgeous room. Also a disaster area. They are in the process of moving a couple of sections around, so it's a bit haphazarded. I heard one student asking about an open shelf book, and the librarian had no idea where to look for it because of all the moving around. Also been using the Upper Camera quite a bit, which is really nice.

The zipper on my black jacket broke, which is rather upsetting because it's the one I wear all the time. Now I need to either buy a new one or find a place to get the zipper fixed, neither of which sounds very appealing to me cause it involves going clothes shopping, not exactly my favorite subject. And I don't think it's going to be warm enough for me to just live with it. Hopefully take care of it sometime this weekend. Did laundry for the 2nd time on Tuesday as well. Really didn't have a choice, I was out of socks and only had one pair of boxers left. I also really need to get fabric softener, any of my clothes that air dry tend to be stiff and uncomfortable.

Planning to go out tonight, so that should be fun. Definitely going to St. Peter's pub first with people, and then depending on who is doing what maybe going to Maxwell's, see how many people are actually going and whether or not there's a cover charge. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. There are at least three places just around CMRS that probably would fix your zipper (it'd be more helpful if I could remember them) but ask the girls! They probably not only know where one is but will likely wanna go look at clothes hehe I remember they liked that last term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually when I brought it up they really didn't express any interest, though I was informed I should just get a new one instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's surprising! If Lisa Rose (who was there last semester) was there she'd have you at the tailor in no time - tell the girls that lol it will make them either laugh or cringe.

    ReplyDelete