Thursday, February 24, 2011

More Work

Tuesday was a good day. My essay for Anglo-Saxon wasn’t that good unfortunately. I focused more on the history, while my tutor wanted me to focus more on the political theory behind Alfred’s kingship. We talked it over though, hopefully next week I’ll get it right. Was actually motivated after lunch, went to the Bodleian and got a good amount of work done. Came back around 4, relaxed till dinner, got minimal work done after dinner. Actually went to bed early though for once, which was really nice, except I did spend a while reading. Still had the lights off before midnight, which was unusual.

Wednesday was not as productive as I would have liked it to be. Really didn’t get anything done during the day. Tried to read a little bit about the Vikings, but really just couldn’t. While their voyage to America may be interesting to read about, I really just could not find the motivation to write a paper about it. There was a lot of procrastination involved, even at 2 AM unfortunately. Finally finished a little before 3, took a shower and crashed.

This morning I edited my paper, got about halfway through and then had to quickly type the changes and print it, wound up being about 5 min late to tutorial. After lunch did work on my seminar paper and finding books for the upcoming week. For dinner Alix invited me and some other people to have homemade Italian food, which was really nice. I helped set-up a small amount when I got there, along with getting crap for not being there earlier to assist. When I asked if there was anyting they would have liked done and when they wanted me to show up they just said 5:30, I feel there complaints were unjustified. Ollie and Henry from St. Peter's were there as well, it really was a lot of fun. Some people had a *little* too much wine, adding to the evening's amusement. Talked about some strange topics, none of which I feel like repeating. There had been plans to go to Maxwell's aftwards for karoke, but since we sat around so long afterwards talking I started falling asleep and decided to stay back with a group watching a movie, actually the same girls I went to London with. Anyway, the people who did go to Maxwell's came back soon anyway, since there wasn't karoke and nobody really felt like just going to the club. While we were watching Across the Universe Bianca came through and informed us that they weren't going to replace the VCR, so the wall of movies we have is useless. Anyway, when the movie ends I'm just going to bed. Too tired to do any more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment