Friday, February 11, 2011

Run On

So this is the combination of a couple of days of blogs that I started on Tuesday and never got around to finishing, and then just stuck the next few days on after.

Tuesday 2/8/2011
Yesterday was pretty a Monday. Spent most of it working on my Anglo-Saxon paper. Finished with like half an hour to go and sent it for today. Had our lecture at 4pm, from there went to dinner and then relaxed the rest of the afternoon. I went to the common room with the intention of reading Marco Polo a little, which was a joke cause I knew it wasn't going to happen when I went down there. Spent a while talking venting frustrations with some people. Think I mangaed to head off to bed at a decent time, like sometime before 2am. Did read a little in bed before falling asleep too.

Today had Anglo-Saxon England, and my tutor actually liked my paper, so that was good. Last week's had sort of been a mess. So that went well, then I took a nap. Was definitely up too late last night.
It was sunny out, so instead of getting started on my Marco Polo paper I took my camera and went for a walk. Went down St. Aldates to Christ Church Meadow to walk around. It was a little misty, but my camera was fine. Got some awesome shots, especially with the sun setting. Only walked around a small part of the park. Definitely going back sometime this weekend, hopefully it'll be sunny again. It's really warm either way, which is really nice.

Here's the link to the photos I took:
After dinner I went to the Bodleian. It was quiet for a change, probably because it was at night. After getting back I typed this and really haven't gotten any work done. Hopefully get some work done before I go to bed. Or go to the common room and wast time, which is more likely.

Thurday 2/10/11
Definitely went to the common room Tuesday night, though I don't think I stayed too late. Don't really remember. Yesterday was a pain. I really procrastinated my Marco Polo paper. Bascially I'd do anything else I could find to waste time. Did go to the camera in the afternoon to use one book, then after dinner went back to the Bodleian for a few hours. After I got back went to the common room, really just didn't feel like starting my paper. Went with Jason, Alix and Shannon to get Ice Cream. Not Shermans in quality or price, but it was good. After getting back worked in the common room, rather unproductively. I did get the introduction done though while I was there, which I guess is a positive. When my battery got low I went with Alix and Lauren to the food cart Posh Nosh, finally. Got chips and cheese, which were good. Though I didn't get to close the lid thanks to Alix shouting "use burger sauce," so the guy put it on the side for me. After I finished eating  I went down to the computer lab to focus and finally finish my paper. Worked till about 4am, and I really didn't procrastinate that much when I finally got down there. When I finally finished I went to bed, didn't even bother taking a shower. Also fell over taking my jeans off, I was pretty tired.

Today I skipped breakfast, needed sleep. Didn't really have time to edit my paper, which would have been nice. Had a few things in there that I would have liked to change. Need to get it done farther ahead of time, especially since I have to read it aloud. Went from tutorial to lunch, and since then I really haven't gotten much done. Looked up the books that I'm going to need for the next week. Don't know what I'm doing tonight, people were talking about going out, but I still have a headache and really don't feel like being up too late. See what happens.

Friday 2/11/11

Didn't go out last night, too tired. Went to the reading night, though there actually weren't a lot of people there. Me, Craig, Laura, Lauren N., Hallie and Brenna. A few other people passed through during the night, I think, but not for very long. We read Redwall instead of Harry Potter because of Brian Jacques just passing away. I was on the small couch, and I fell asleep after the first chapter. I was fading in out for a while, catching only parts, and eventually I just gave up trying to stay awake. Woke up after about 45min, listened to the last chapter, and went to bed. Alix asked if any of us wanted to go out, but we all stayed in. Everyone had had a pretty long week.

I went to breakfast this morning, Craig didn't. It was pretty empty, think there were six from CMRS. Got a little work done between then an lunch, along with a nap. Going to the Bodleian after this, and then after dinner people were talking about doing something, so I'll see what they're planning later. Really don't feel like working, but I guess it'd be better to get it done now rather than the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment