Monday, February 14, 2011

Yay Weekend

Actually not really. Spent most of it working on my Anglo-Saxon paper. Or at least trying. Did get a good amount of research done, and I know Friday I stayed up till 4am watching movies and talking. Don't really think anything else of interest happened that day.

Saturday when I finally got going I spent a good deal of my time at the Sackler and then the Camera reading. Found out there wasn't a BOP, so that killed my night plans. Oh, I took my coat in to get fixed finally. Going to take longer and be more expensive than I planned, but oh well. I want it repaired.

Sunday was interesting. Went back to the camera to work, one of the books I wanted/needed didn't come in afer 5 days. Irritating. Anyway, then it was to St. Peter's for more research, and then back here for the JCR meeting. Because this is public and I know people from CMRS at least glance at it, I won't name names or specific events, but overall the meeting annoyed me. My work ethic was crap for the night, really didn't get much done. Went looking for Alix and Lauren just so I could procrastinate more, which of course happened wonderfully. And hysterically. There were some funny Facebook shennanigans occurring. At about 2am I got my notebook that Alix had hijacked from me back and went off to bed. The consequence of this was I got a wall post with 500 comments while I was sleeping, possibly look at all of it sometime in the near future. Maybe.

Today I fried my brain writing my paper. Not a bad overview of the Viking invasion of Britain, but I really don't think that was my topic so I might be in trouble for tutorial tomorrow. Hopefully it will be okay. After finally finishing that, I had colloquium. I know I fell asleep, my notes at one point aren't spelled right, I couldn't follow the topic and I know there's a 25 min period where I blanked out. I've pretty much been wasting time since then. We had our Ice Cream social for Valentine's Day at 7, every showed up pretty much right on time, surprise surprise. It was a lot of fun, lasted about 45min. Lazing about since.

I feel there were other little events that happened over the weekend that I left out, but since I really can't remember, and I doubt it would be of interest to other people any ways

The weather here is gorgeous, which is actually being a problem. It's what Illinois is like at the end of March-mid April, so I'm going into spring mode. That means my focus is falling, my motivation is shot, and most my thoughts are of Break, South Haven and summer plans. Not good when I still have a crap ton of work to do. Also makes me really miss Kanik. I need dark and gloomy like it was earlier in January so I can focus more on shoving my nose into books and computer screens instead of staring out the window. As for now though, it is night here, my head hurts from the last few days and working so much today, so shower and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment