Thursday, March 17, 2011

Relaxation

So over the past weekend I basically did as little as I could. On Saturday morning I rolled out of bed right before it was time for Brunch, my head felt a lot better. It was such a great feeling to kept up and know that I had absolutely nothing that I needed to accomplish. After brunch I decided to go for a walk around Oxford. I went down St. Giles to Oxfam, which is an amazing used book store. I got a book from 1860 for 3 pounds. It's a little Children's Companion book, but still, I think it's pretty cool. From there I walked down a ways, farther than I've ever gone before. Turned down some random side street and went exploring a little. I finally found a shop that sold erasers too, which they call rubbers here (making the immature part of me giggle). While I was walking I also came across the actual Oxford University Press building, at which point I really wished I had my camera. Definitely going back on a sunny day to take pictures. Now I just have to wait for one, since I missed it for today's. Afterwards came back and just vegged out, didn't even try to accomplish anything else.

Sunday I again got up shortly before brunch again. Wasted time in my room for a while, started working more on postcards that I had hoped to have mailed like a month ago. Anyway, got asked if people could use my computer to watch Tristan+Isolde for our seminar class, so I went down to the common room with them. A good way to spend a cloudy afternoon. I brought my postcards down with me, but that went nowhere. Anyway, afterwards was dinner, and then I got a little writing done. With the stress of paper deadlines gone, it's really hard to motivate myself to do anything. Hopefully that will go away after a few days of relaxing. Anyway, at night I used my gameboy for the first time since I got here. It was a good feeling to play video games after so long and so much stress. I need to find a way to charge it soon though, or once it dies I won't be using it till I get back to the states, and since it was and will be my main entertainment on the long plane ride, I would really like it to keep working.

Today I was a little more motivated, especially since it was sunny and really warm. Couldn't just sit around the building doing nothing. After lunch I went for a walk around University Parks, which is beautiful. While I haven't seen all of Christ Church Meadows, I'm pretty sure I like the Parks better. Took a ton of pictures, which I will hopefully have up on Facebook soon. After getting back I did some work on my computer, got all my pictures transfered to it, now all I need to do is upload them. Tonight my seminar class watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. While I find the first scenes funny, overall I really don't care for the movie. Not something I'm going to bring up very often though, most people worship that movie. Anyway, it's this, shower, GB, and bed. Again, no work feels so nice.

UPDATE: At some point, I will learn to check that a post was published instead of just closing the browser and assuming it was.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't bring/buy a converter? Your gameboy should have a little block along the way of the cord, that will keep it from getting fried by the voltage of England, but you'll have to have a converter to plug in (try Curry's)

    Glad you're enjoying yourself again finally - See the sights, it's only a little longer til they make you come back :( Wish I never had (well maybe to pick up my fiance, but yeah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a plug converter, but I need one that can step down the voltage. All my other electronics can handle 240, my gameboy being the one exception. If I plug it in, the transformer on the cord will fry.

    ReplyDelete